We are a busy and friendly school, with lots going on. This website aims to give you a taster of the school, as well as providing up to date information for parents, pupils and the wider community.
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find the information you are looking for. Please feel free to contact the school directly with any queries you may have.
Our ACADEMY Ethos and Values
“Our children are our greatest treasures” and our school is one where every child does matter. We strive to ensure our pupils will: be safe, healthy and happy, enjoy learning and achieve success, make a positive contribution to our school and society.
Cherry Willingham Primary Academy is principally a place for pupils, the family, staff, governors and the community to learn together in partnership, in an atmosphere of co-operation and respect.
As a community we promote self-discipline, honesty, autonomy, understanding, co-operation, perseverance and independence. We aim to develop the full potential of every individual with regard to race, religion, culture, gender, age and ability, with equal access for all.
We believe that every individual brings experiences and strengths to our school that are valuable. We aim to build on these by offering a curriculum that is stimulating, appropriate and challenging.
We encourage children to learn from first hand experience and to take an active part in the learning process.
We aim to provide an open, welcoming, stimulating environment in which every individual feels safe, valued and happy. We encourage parents and the wider community to take an active interest in the education of all of our children and to feel an ownership of their school. We believe that education is a partnership and that home and school should work together for the ultimate benefit of our children.
Our commitment to embedding our values across the academy is shown by;
- Our values always being modelled by our teachers.
- Our values are woven into our curriculum and taught explicitly in assemblies to help us learn and remember them.
- Our values are recognised and and rewarded throughout the school when they are seen amongst the children.
We feel strongly that our values are important because;
- Our values help the children develop positive and respectful relationships.
- Our values help the children develop positive attitudes to learning.
- Our values help develop emotional intelligence and promote reflection amongst the children.