Our curriculum is aligned to the vision of the Priory Federation of Academies.
Our curriculum will:
- Provide clearly sequenced, quality learning
- Enable our pupils to develop resilience, curiosity and become aspirational learners
- Be rich in opportunities that will develop the skills and knowledge to enable our pupils to flourish
- Reflect the community in which the school sits
- Enhance personal development through our values education
National Curriculum and EYFS Framework
Reading Scheme for Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1.
At Cherry Willingham Primary School we follow the Read Write Inc. scheme throughout Reception and Key Stage 1. Children in the Early Years are introduced to the Alphablock characters which link to their daily phonics.
Early Years children will not have reading books initially, until they are beginning to blend initial sounds together. The children will bring their reading books home every night with a reading record for parents/carers to fill in. Children will also be listened to read in school, however we do not have set days for this to happen. During the week the children will also complete guided reading with their class teacher. Please endeavour to listen to your children read at home and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to come into school and see your child's class teacher.
The Oxford Owl website is really helpful for parents, who would like to help their child with reading at home. There are 250 free eBooks for you to share and also lots of games, activities and ideas. Please click on the link below and sign up for free!
Please click on the links below to view our current Maths curriculum. At Cherry Willingham Primary School, we use White Rose Maths as a tool for planning an engaging, exciting and challenging Maths curriculum.
- year 1 white rose planning.pdf
- year 2 white rose planning.pdf
- year 3 white rose planning.pdf
- year 4 white rose planning.pdf
- year 5 white rose planning.pdf
- year 6 white rose planning.pdf