What is the Sports Premium?
The government is continuing to provide funding of £150million for the academic year 2016/2017 to support P.E and sport. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture and Media and Sport. As in previous years the additional money, which is ring-fenced for improving the provision of P.E and sport, is allocated to schools that then have the freedom to choose how this is to be achieved.
Purpose of Funding
Schools have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport. Possible uses for the funding include:
• Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE.
• New or additional Change 4 Life sports clubs.
• Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport.
• Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport.
• Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in school games.
• Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport.
• Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs.
How we are spending the Sports Funding and who benefits?
As a school we have agreed that the money must be used so that:
Reporting on the School Sports Premium
Schools are required to include details of their provision of PE and sport on their website, along with information regarding extra-curricular clubs and future action plans. Our aim is to keep parents informed and to identify to them our commitment to providing high quality opportunities, both within the curriculum and through a range of clubs.
Click here for more information.